Here are the notes from todays Meeting - Reach out if you have any questions.
Next Meeting 6-29 - Malcom Yonge Building - 6pm - 8pm - enter from the back side parking lot.
6/15/20 – SEFOA – Officials Meeting
New location - Malcom Yonge Building on East Jackson
– 15 in attendance
- Board in attendance – Brian J., Clif H., Mark R., Jeff S. (Justin L unable to attend)
Social Distancing - No congregation before, during or after.
- 3 meetings from March to June
- Covid – restricted person to person, all meetings are conference calls
- Teams discussed for contracts, and those contracts were distributed today
- Meeting dates and Rules classes determined. (See bottom of this communication)
- New location issues – Jeff S – UWF Policy change due to Covid w/ new location
- New Officials needed – Numbers need to increase
- Arbiter pay – new for 2020 for SEFOA -
- Change in Pay – Went through with 2019 voted pay rate increase. R’s to get $5 More only for 2020, the other $5 to pay for Arbiter Pay (per varsity contest), 2022, $10 for Rs + $5 Arbiter fee will be an additional admin fee passed to the schools
- Test – if you don’t take it, you don’t make it.
- Printed books no digitals – registered get one, Mechanic and Case book to association (1)
- Arbiter vs Federation – NFHS and Arbiter are due to split 6/30
- Insurance – due to arbiter and NFHS split, General Liability insurance is reduced from 2M to 1M per incident
- Fees – no FHSAA Change, SEFOA – no change
- Zoom Meetings or other – still in process
- Reviewed All notes from the presidents meeting. Listen below from link if you desire.
- Player Designee – Re: Timeouts
- ½ time reduction – Re: under 3min, due to weather delay
- 40 sec change for defense injury – Re: deception and clock manipulation by B
- 25 second change for COP After kick – Re: Must have COP
- Disconcerting acts yardage reduction from 15 to 5yard – does not change Unsportsmanlike behavior
- Spike change- Re: any player directly behind center can now spike.
- Ejections – AT6 must be turned in with in 24 hrs
- Officiate in the rules, not in the stands
Registration / Test
- Registration - Opens July 10t - Deadline Aug 10 ($10 late fee)
- Exam Aug 3 – Sept 7 – no makeup tests, no auto fill answers
- If you have had an email change.. use old email to login, change to your new email under your settings in Arbiter, then register with new log in
- JLA same as previous years
- Crews need to work last 2 weeks if possible to send tape to be evaluated. Notice to Frank B. one week prior if possible to have on site evaluator.
Future Meetings – dates and current game schedule
• 6/29 – Rule 2 - Johnsey
• 7/13 – Rule 3 and 4 - Jeff
• 7/20 – Rule 5 - Justin
• 7/21-24 – Coaches meeting with Board
• 7/27 – Rule 6 and 7 - Johnsey
• 8/3 – Rule 8 - Clif
• 8/7 or 8/8 – Field Training – Request 2 Schools for IntraSquad trainings TBD
• 8/10 – Rule 10 - Johnsey
• 8/17 – Rule 9 - Mark
• 8/24 – TBD
© Copyright 2021 - South East Football Officials Association of Pensacola